Question:
How do I contact Wikipedia customer service or chat?
venzulla
2011-05-13 06:17:21 UTC
How do I contact Wikipedia customer service or chat?
Six answers:
?
2011-05-13 16:29:24 UTC
Call 1-800-EAT-SH...

Seriously, though, they don't have customer service.

The closest thing is asking a question here on Yahoo Answers. How do I add a picture to an article? How do I create a new article? How do I fix a spelling error? How do I write Hebrew text at en.wikipedia? etc. These are all questions that have been asked here, and the answers given here are far clearer than anything you'd find in Wikipedia's own so-called Help pages.
2016-11-06 01:19:16 UTC
Wikipedia Customer Service
Nihiltres
2011-05-14 12:03:18 UTC
Wikipedia doesn't have "customer service" per se; it isn't a business. However, there are a number of channels you can try to get help, voice a complaint, or find a contact for further dealings.

There are a few places you might try:

The fastest is probably the #wikipedia-en-help channel on Freenode IRC (Internet Relay Chat). If you're familiar with IRC and have a proper client, you can use this IRC link: < irc://chat.freenode.net:8001/wikipedia-en-help >

If you're not familiar with IRC, there's a helpful web interface for it at < http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=wikipedia-en-help >.

The next is the Wikipedia help desk, on-wiki: < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Help_desk >

The last is by email. It's the most official, though still run by volunteers through a system called OTRS. It's confidential and can deal with some issues that a more public approach might have problems with. Send your email to info-en@wikimedia.org .
?
2016-04-04 06:16:47 UTC
For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awy1k

As with customer support services, they'll have a massive backlog. You just need to be patient really, there's no other way about it.
?
2011-05-14 01:38:25 UTC
Easy, Venzy. You just phone them up and ask for an appointment. It's an automated service and the menu system is a bit long-winded, but just key in 1, 3, 2, 3 and you'll fly through. When you finally get through to a human (finally!) ask for "Justin". His head seems to be screwed-on more than the others. Good luck.
James
2011-05-13 09:13:56 UTC
They don't have customer service.