Question:
What do you think about wikipedia?
Bradford A
2007-05-17 12:38:50 UTC
What do you think about wikipedia?
37 answers:
Schwan
2007-05-18 07:56:30 UTC
I love it!
kayboff
2007-05-20 19:19:47 UTC
Personally....Wikipedia Rocks!
saltpocket
2007-05-17 17:00:17 UTC
I love Wikipedia because I'm a big believer in "truth by consensus", a concept that's a favourite with the religious right. That being said, it is one of my homepages (the other being a dictionary) because I am a giant nerd addicted to reading encyclopaedias. But I will never, never edit for it - that's stepping over the line of lameness, and I've already got enough lame to go around. So, I suppose Wikipedia and I have a love/hate relationship, but we're still together. I wonder what it would be like to have an actual relationship with an embodied encyclopaedia? Has anyone else ever thought about this? Would it work out?
Zachary
2007-05-20 01:51:21 UTC
I get a tremendous amount of help solely from Wikipedia. I love it!

Any time and every time I don't know what something is or just want some more information on a particular topic, Wikipedia is the first place I go to for it.

It's one of the best community-driven resources on the web, in my opinion.
cammy100
2007-05-19 04:05:09 UTC
I think that it is great however it can be abused. I know some people who change the facts on wikipedia 4 fun and it is quite funny but it ruins the site for others. I think there should b more restrictions for chaanging the facts on wikipedia.
?
2007-05-17 15:26:13 UTC
Wikipedia Is A good Resource if you can Verify it by at least 3 or more sources. Also Since On the top of the page it says

"Edit This Page"

Which Signifies that ANYONE can edit it Even If they don't know if the information is true.
mwkennedy
2007-05-17 12:55:40 UTC
Wikipedia is a very cool concept. As long as one remembers that history is only the stories told by those who tell stories. So, in each case, you will see the historical event through the eyes of those there...and, unfortunately, that includes all of their biases, perspectives, and beliefs.

History is clouded by personal perspectives. And that's where wikipedia is a very cool idea. By allowing multiple people to influence the historical or information at hand, you get to a story that is probably more closely aligned with the "truth".

But I agree with the first poster here. It's only a single source. In trying to find an answer for yourself, it's best to get lots of information and decide for yourself.
Lily
2007-05-19 19:10:29 UTC
It's okay, but I only use it at certain times because the information on it might not be true. Anyone can change the information if they are registered in wikipedia.
2007-05-20 18:51:44 UTC
♥I LOVE wikipedia.org ♥

I use wikipedia as one of my reference sources. What happens is that I go there looking for some info, and end up staying much too long. One thing leads to the next and the time just gets away from me.
Rammstein1
2007-05-19 06:48:53 UTC
Wikipedia is the best! It has the best and most accurate information on the web!
TheApocalypticOrgasm
2007-05-17 13:57:30 UTC
its ok...

i always find what im looking for.

i usually use it as a last resource if i cant find anything on google or ask....

i just dont trust the articles that much....

i just use the sources that were used for the articles....

overall. wikipedia is great.

people can write their own articles while at the same time enjoying a fun learning experience.

the only drawback is the credibility of the work.
techgeodude1
2007-05-20 09:12:35 UTC
I say its good place for start since all the articles are gathered at one place its easy ,since usually people edit the articles its sometimes questionnable about their motives.

If you are educated enough and want to learn more the links they provide below are very useful and you can cross check and edit it yourself.

Here is a nice article about your question .
lucy2little
2007-05-17 13:59:29 UTC
i think wikipedia is an ok site n u can c dat sumtimes wikipedia gives u a sentence. my mom helped me find wikipedia wen i needed help wit ma homework.
2007-05-17 14:37:58 UTC
I think it's pretty bad. Every opinion, every article, is considered equally worthy, when used as source. Rarely will you hear someone say "This is nonsense, you can't use this".

For example the once featured article of Battle of Smolensk used almost exclusively soviet books and memoirs as reference material. Yet no one dared to label the article one-sided.

The bad material suddenly can be considered good because when you use "wikipedia" as source, they won't notice that the *actual* sources used in wikipedia article were Zhukov's memoirs or some pamphlet made by scientological church.

It's credibility as research source is doubtful.
Tigeress
2007-05-19 00:57:19 UTC
I use it all the time. It is the first thing I go to to find information. I know that the information can be unrealiable, but I guess you just have to make a good judgement.
2007-05-18 22:07:18 UTC
wikipedia is pretty good its helpful when searches information.
charlene
2007-05-18 20:52:07 UTC
i think its good, its great,its amazing

i can search alot of thing over ther

but 80% only not really all the things u want is in wikipedia

i would say its a nice website
Jimupter
2007-05-17 13:12:09 UTC
Wikipedia is a fantastic,open source information website that allows everyone to search for information for anything sb has on his/her mind.It hasn't any restrictions such as fees and membership.The cool thing is that you can create web pages for anything you like,anytime.The idea for creating it is great!
2007-05-18 17:32:05 UTC
I think it's good for research, but it is not 100% reliable because anyone can make their own article, and you never know if what they're saying is true.
2007-05-18 08:15:26 UTC
obviously everyone here loves it. alot of the people her copy and paste from wikipedia it annoys my sh@t.

but apart from that i love it. it has info on like everything.
jack army
2007-05-17 14:11:41 UTC
its ok can be unrealible But check out this page Wikipedia:Unusual articles now it gets very interesting and funny its a list of all the things they have deleted or cannot find a category for
Pfo
2007-05-17 12:45:04 UTC
I think it's great. A community driven, dynamic living encyclopedia. Just be careful, because it's information could be false. A great reference to consult, but not one to rely on.
2007-05-20 18:55:46 UTC
It has very useful information. I don't have to go out & BUY encyclopedias.
2007-05-18 21:13:46 UTC
i prefer www.answers.com as it has wikipedia and other stuff as well which comes in handy.
sam
2007-05-19 15:57:57 UTC
informative
2007-05-17 19:28:37 UTC
its the best online encyclopedia and its too much of help to mrme in my studies.I stood first in my FACT-ABOUT-ALL contest because of it
?
2007-05-20 09:40:46 UTC
i love it!!!!! its so helpful for reports or info you would want to know about
Hello ;)
2007-05-19 00:45:31 UTC
simply love it
nasonguy
2007-05-18 10:05:12 UTC
simply amazing
2007-05-17 15:27:39 UTC
i love it , i look stuff up on it all the time
2007-05-20 00:15:05 UTC
Oh I cannot stand it.
Q&A Answer Mans Retired
2007-05-17 18:25:13 UTC